22 August 2011

First Day off in HK

So after 18 days in South Korea I'm back in Hong Kong. I will blog about the Korea Experience soon but for now I just got back after 18 days without a single full day of rest.
18日間韓国で過ごした後、香港にもどった。韓国での経験は後で話すことにする。やっと一日のお休み。

So what to do once getting a little bit of freedom? Decided to find a book store... Which in the 21st century is much harder than you would expect. With most people buying books online or downloading them to their ipads or kindle's it took a while to find one.
自由時間はどう過ごす?まず書店をさがす。結構今の時代には難しいこと。


Now there were many "Learn Cantonese" books so it was hard choosing which one would be best. So even though society tells us not to "Judge a book by its cover". Which is funny because book stores seal there books so you can only judge a book by the cover... mixed messages...!! Who knew book stores are so judgemental....
広東語の本。たくさんあって選ぶのに困った。カバーで選ぶなって良く言うよね。でもシールがかかってて中は見えない。

With judging by the covers this book stood out as it had,
"Will you marry me?"
"Join the queue!"
"I love you"
All listed above, "My name is..." Which embarrassing enough almost made me LOL in a almost silent book store.
この本は目立った理由。
結婚してください。
ここに並んでください。
愛しています。
僕の名前は。。。とはずかしくなる言葉ばかり。大きな声で笑いたくなった。



So far my favorite part of the book is the section, "Local sayings"... Now i don't know if they are true as books lie...
本当かどうかわからないけど現地の人が言う言葉っていうセクションがおもしろい。
It's a piece of cake.  Yart bowl, dung teen. Literally means: One step to heaven.
Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Yart zeen,serng dee-oo. Literally means: 1 arrow, 2 birds.
Win, Win situation. Choy sick, geem sow. Literally means: You have money and sex.

I think I will stop there.
今日はここまで。

So the learning a 4th language continues..... Wish me luck.
広東語を話せるようになれば英語、日本語、デンマーク語に続いて4つめの挑戦。


Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment